Vital Repairs to Complete Before Selling
No matter where you live in San Fernando Valley or South Los Angeles, if you want to sell your house quickly and get a good price, there are some vital repairs to complete before selling.
My friends have been there. They did pre-sale prep before putting their house on the market. Here are some things they found and fixed:
- Broken window – a broken window is like a scotoma. Every normalmammalian eye has a scotoma in its field of vision, usually termed a “blind spot.” You can develop a blind spot for a broken window. You planned on fixing it right after the baseball flew through the air, but you kept putting it off, until you just didn’t see it anymore. However, it will be one of the first things a prospective home buyer will see when they visit your house.
- Dry rot – It appears around trim and where wood comes into contact with cement. It can also appear between gutters and soffit, and around siding where two boards come together. These areas should be sealed and painted or replaced. It shows that you have a well maintained house.
- Gutters – speaking of gutters, have they been cleaned? Do the gutters sag? Have they rusted? Do they funnel water away from the house? Any of these can tell a home buyer there may be water leaking into the house.
- Chimneys – In San Fernando Valley, where rain can come down heavily, chimneys should have caps that keep the rain from going down the chimney. Over time the mortar that holds the bricks together can crack. This mortar should be repaired to keep the bricks in place and is called repointing.
- Leaky faucets – It’s annoying to see and hear a dripping faucet. Chances are that the washer is worn. It’s an easy fix: replace the washer. It saves money on your water bill.
- Missing shingles – take a look at your roof. Any missing shingles? Get a roofer to inspect your roof and repair. While he’s up there have him check the flashing around the chimney and any sky lights.
- Porch Light – does the porch light work? Is there a bulb? It’s all about curb appeal. If you can’t replace a bulb, what else is wrong?
Did the pre-sale work? You bet! My friends sold their house in two days and got their asking price. They made those vital repairs and the inspection went well.
Those are the little things that don’t cost a lot to fix. However, there are other parts of your house that may need attention to be competitive in the market. Buyers expect to find a modern kitchen with granite counters and modern appliances. They may expect the home to be energy efficient. Those things and a whole more can cost more than you are willing or able to spend. Why not sell your home to us, Good News Home Investors, LLC, for cash as-is and close within 30 days? There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions or any other costs to you.
Good News Home Investors, LLC is part of a nationwide group of thousands of investors who are helping tens of thousands of homeowners every year. Our approach to helping homeowners may not be the “traditional” route, but it is a successful one. Our service is proven to be successful in aiding all those who are in need of help with selling their home or in the process of buying a home. Our goal is to serve you with whatever your home needs may be, whether that is selling, buying, or investing we are here to help and brighten your tomorrow in any way we can. Our business is you, your family, and your community.
Give us a call today at 703-560-3713 to let us know what YOU need help with!