Did you know that home staging is one of the most important things you can do when selling your house in the San Fernando Valley? About.com says, “Most buyers form an opinion about a home within the first 7-10 seconds of arriving.” Now potential home buyers look at homes they’ve found on the Internet 90% of the time. It is critical that your home makes a strong first impression online. Staging will help you do just that.
Carolyn Muse Grant, says there are a couple of uses for home staging:
- Before any home is put on the market, staging is essential. While most of us love our homes and all of our stuff, chances are we have too much stuff, and, let’s face it, it’s our home and we live in it the way we want to. Well, people looking to buy that house may not want to live in it like you do, and they need the house to look like it would be one they could live in comfortably.
- An empty house may be a problem for an agent and seller. When potential homebuyers see an empty house, they are sometimes at a loss as to what they would do with it. What kind of furniture? What would I do with this room? Would this work? A million questions. So I work with the agent to give potential buyers an idea of what the house would look like. I have furniture and accessories available to use for that purpose.
8 things a home stager will advise doing:
- Make their first visit to your home a lasting impression. The lawn should be mowed and edged, dead stuff taken away or raked, plants trimmed. Wash the siding and windows. You are going for curb appeal.
- Freshly paint the front door. This is the welcome mat to your home. And while you are at it, make sure the doorbell and porch light work.
- Declutter every room. “Get rid of the family pictures. Get out of your house!” You want them to imagine their belongings, pictures, art, books in “their” new home.” Get them to thinking it’s their house from the time they walk in the door.
- You’ve de-cluttered the house. Is it clean? Nothing will turn off the buyer more than filth. If they feel unclean walking through your house, you’ve failed to make a sale.
- Clean out the closets, the medicine cabinet, and the tops of dressers. The buyer doesn’t want to see any of that.
- Paint! Take down the pictures from the walls, spackle the nail holes, and paint. Stick to neutral colors.
- Decorate tables with flowers. If you have room for al fresco dining, set the table with napkins. Let them picture themselves dining outside, enjoying the conversation over candlelight.
- Make the rooms look bigger. Removing furniture makes the rooms look bigger.
Bottom Line: The staged house spends less time on the market. A house that looks its best will sell quicker and often it sells for a higher price.
Homebuyers Choice, LLC is here to help homeowners out of any kind of distressed situation. As investors, we are in business to make a modest profit on any deal, however we can help homeowners out of just about any situation, no matter what! There are no fees, upfront costs, commissions, or anything else. Just the simple honest truth about your home and how we can help you sell it fast to resolve any situation.
Give us a call today at 818-629-2000 to let us know what YOU need help with!